Every holiday season, my loving family members give me wonderful presents. Beautiful things, that they probably thought long and hard about. They also give me books. And gift cards to book stores.
Because they KNOW me. And as much as I cherish these presents, and am thankful for the effort they put into choosing them, I sometimes wish they’d get just a little more creative. Because books and money for books are awesome. But other bookish things can sometimes be even better.
And I bet there are a lot of book lovers out there who feel the same, so I created a handy little gift-giving cheat sheet for people wondering what to get the bibliophile on their shopping lists!*
*or for yourself, because, lets be honest, I’m probably about to buy myself five of these things.
1. This whimsical, custom library stamp.
2. This comfy pillow to recline upon whilst reading.
3. A delicious, classic tea set.
4. These super subtle socks.
5. This gothic, punkish tie.
6. A framed quote from one of your favorite authors.
7. An e-reader case with handles, so you can take your library with you wherever you go.
8. A set of gorgeous, hand-painted book marks.
9. A super cute clutch.
10. A hand-stamped vintage silver spoon.
11. A beautiful purse handmade from a classic book cover.
12. A soy candle with that magical smell of an old library.
13. A pendant necklace that knows how real the TBR struggle is.
14. A comfy sweatshirt that lets others know how you truly feel.
15. A set of Jane Austen coasters.
16. A stylish phone case.
17. Honest wall art.
18. A t-shirt to explain the bags under your eyes at work the morning after finishing your latest read.
19. A gloriously ornate book cover.
20. The obligatory funny mug.
21. A charming necklace depicting some classic coverlust.
22. Stickers to plaster on walls or bus stops in an act of bibliophilic activism.
23. A set of modern, minimalist book ends.
24. Slightly creepy, fairy tale book art to augment your shelves.
25. A reading journal to collect all your thoughts on plot, pacing, character arcs, etc.